Anston Hillcrest School Council
The children of Anston Hillcrest Primary know exactly what is needed to create a positive change. Encouraging their participation, sharing voice and opinions contributes and influences meaningful decisions that ultimately affect them.
“The children are the engine... They just need steering in the right direction”
Anston Hillcrest school council aims to:
• Provide a safe, happy and fair learning environment to enjoy and achieve.
• Provide a stage to discuss and act upon matters that interest them and to voice their concerns, empowering them to create positive change.
• Encourage children to become active partners in their education.
• Provide structural opportunities to learn about leadership and problem solving, contributing to the management of their school.
• Provide new life skills through practical experiences.
• Encourage the children to work together with the school, community and beyond to achieve more.
• Provide the children with the skills to be active global citizens.